You are here: Homepage > About Us
As a primary community destination, the Cayman Islands Public Library Service is committed to enriching the lives of the and empowering every person in our community through the provision of services, programmes and resources in all formats to encourage and promote lifelong learning, literacy, the joy of reading and local culture within the population of the Cayman Islands.
Scope of Activities
- Provision of traditional and technological resources and materials that are easily accessible through the lending and reference services at all public library locations in the Cayman Islands
- Provision of services, programmes and workshops available to all members of the community
- Supporting and participating in literacy, cultural activities and community programmes
- Creating and strengthening reading habits in children from an early age.
- Providing a gateway service to information in all formats for the community
- Provision of service points for the homebound, physically challenged and the disadvantaged
Last Updated: 2008-12-08