Get Those Books!
Encouraging parents and children to read together is the aim of this nationwide initiative.
"Cayman Reads" programme, a first of its kind in the Cayman Islands, launched in April 2012. This programme provides monthly book recommendations for children and teenagers to read and it encourages that they read these books with their parents/caregivers to spark open dialogue and a love of reading among the family. The book selections are provided for the months April to December each year, courtesy of the Cayman Islands Public Library Service and Ministry of Education.
The selection of books is chosen from different prestigious book awards each year.
For more information on Cayman Reads and to see the selection of books for the year, please see the Cayman Reads Brochure attached on this page.
- Tips for Parents: September 2012
• Supporting your child's learning at home
• Becoming a partner in your child's learning
• A Parent's Daily Checklist for Learning
- Tips for Parents — Summer 2012
- Improving Your Child’s Literacy with the Internet.
- Tips for Parents: April 2012
- Tip for Reading with Young Children: Wordless Books.
Cayman Reads Brochure 2012
- Cayman Reads Programme launched - Cayman 27
- Get Those Books!
- Ministry of Education and CI Public Library Services launch recommended reading initiative. 11th April 2012, 9:35am